Books that 5V Students Have Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cicada Summer (Reviewed by James)

Cicada Summer


“I have been invisible ever since two years ago. Im invisible but everyone ignores me.”

Cicada Summer by Andrea Beaty is about a girl named Lily who wants to stay “invisible” but a girl named Tinny keeps talking to here and is annoying her so she starts to talk again.

This books has many strengths. Whenever the chapter ends you can’t stop thinking what is going to happen next. For example Pete’s door opens but then the chapter ends, I just couldn’t stop thinking about what is going to happen. This also has very good detail. For example when these old people bring a cake over instead of saying cake they say chocolate cake.

I have a high recommendation for this book. I recommend this book to grades 4-7, because events in this story wouldn’t make sense to younger children. Like when Lily pulls a wanted poster and it says wanted for armed robbery. They might think he robbed someone’s arm!!!!! I think you should read this book.

By,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment