Books that 5V Students Have Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Lemonade War (Reviewed by Lauren)

The Lemonade War Lauren 4/25/10

By: Jacqueline Davies

“It might be hot, but this means war!”

The genre is realistic fiction because everyone can have a lemonade stand. One hot blazing summer afternoon Evan and Jessie’s air conditioner breaks. The guy from “Sears” has to come and install a new one. Evan runs to his friend Scott’s house to start a lemonade stand. Then Jessie is left alone. She goes to see to see if her friend Meghan can play. Then sooner or later the war begins. They were competing to see who can raise the most money.
I’d like to discuss a weakness of this book. For example the story line skipped around so it was difficult to get to know the characters. My strength is that at every chapter there’s a chapter heading including a definition. Like in Chapter 6 “Underselling”. The definition is “(v). Pricing the same goods for less than the competition.

I recommend this book to 4th-5th graders because they might be able to understand the book, but I didn’t. I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars because I couldn’t understand some parts. For example I thought that the plot was moving around in different directions. There wasn’t a good flow to the storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment