Books that 5V Students Have Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Prophet of Yonwood (Reviewed by Katherine)

Book review of the Prophet of Yonwood



The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau




Introduction:On a warm July afternoon in the town of Yonwood, a women named Althea Tower went to her back yard to fill her bird feeder. She opened her sack of sunflower seeds, lifted the lid and that was when, without warning the vision assailed her.......................

Genre and Summery: This book The Prophet of Yonwood is most likely fiction, the events in this book hopefully wouldn't happen in real life. The prophet of Yonwood is about 2 main people, Crystal, and Nicki. Nicki is an eleven year old girl. She and her aunt Crystal travel to a very small place called Yonwood. While Nicki is exploring the wonders of Yonwood everybody in the little town are trying to stay tuned with a women's mysterious utterances and trying to stay away from the dangers that may be coming soon. Will the dangers ever go away? Read to find out more.

Strengths and Weaknesses: This book has only 1 or 2 weaknesses. And a lot of strengths.The weakness is that the beginning didn't really show me that I would like the book. One of the strengths is that the book made me think a lot. I mean I would think, what if I lived in Yonwood? And also, what would I do? Another strength is that the book made me want to make a difference. Just like Nicki. It was also suspenseful. Because it had a lot of scary, exciting, amusing, weird parts. The book also makes you go crazy! For example, it made me scared and have a lot of feelings at once. I love this book because of it's strengths.

Recommendations: I would recommend this book to 4th-6th grades. I think fourth through sixth graders because they will get more interested than older kids or younger kids. I also recommend this book to people who like the strengths in this book. For example, if you like suspense, thinking and wanting to make a difference you will like this book. I hope I convinced you to read this awesome book.

No comments:

Post a Comment