Books that 5V Students Have Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Philipa Fisher’s Fairy God Sister (Reviewed by Celeste)

“You’re my fairy Godmother?” asked Philipa.

“Please don’t call me that!” said Daisy.

This book is a fantasy story because most of the events can not happen in real life. Also, because some of the characters like Daisy are not real. In the story, Philipa’s best friend moves away. Philipa ends up getting a fairy god sister. They both don’t get along good. At the end, well I can’t tell you. Read the story to know what happensat the end.

One strength of the story is that the story will keep you reading. Like Philipa’s best friend is Charlotte and then it is Daisy.Just that change would keep me reading. One strength is how the book gives you so much details. For example, when the book describes Daisy, it tells you exactly what she looks like. I felt this story was not missing any details that could have been added.

I would give this book a five out of five stars because I feel that I was always able to get into the book and wanted to keep reading. I would recommend this book to fourth graders to sixth graders because of the vocabulary and the length of the book. ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment