Books that 5V Students Have Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (Reviewed by James)

Why do my parents always ruin my vacation!


The story diary of wimpy kid dog days by Jeff Kiney is a realistic fiction book. Because it has settings and plots that could happen in real life. Greg Heffley wants to have a regular summer vacation but his mom always screws it up so he just has to deal with it.

There are many strengths in this book but I would like to zero in on the two main strengths. The author gets very detailed in his writing. For example, it says “The bike had a basket with flowers painted on it and the seat was huge.” Another strength of this book is that it is very funny. For example, he goes to a hair salon just to hear gossip.

I recommend this book to ages eight and up. Because there are some parts of the book that they might not make sense to younger children. I give this book five out of five stars, because I loved it. I think you should read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment