Books that 5V Students Have Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Invention of Hugo Cabret (Author: Matt)

Matthew

5-V

What should we do with him?

The Invention of Hugo Cabret is a boy trying to finish what his Father had started . So he thought .

There are three main characters. For example Hugo is the major main character. Another character is Isabelle who is Hugo's best friend. Then there is Papa Geores or movie sensation George Melies. At least he's considered a movie sensation in the book anyway.

One of the strengths of the book Hugo Cabret is the illustrations.The illustrations are strong and help describe the book better to me. Also, the book was written so I would want to keep reading. For example, I was never bored and it held my interest. Another strength of the book is that it was suspenseful. One part of the book that is a good example of a suspenseful moment is when there is a fire in the museum. One weaknesses of the book Hugo Cabret is that some of the sentences were confusing to me. Sometimes I would have to re-read a sentence to try to understand what the author was trying to say.

I recommend this book to anyone between the grades of 4-7. I would recommend those ages because sometimes it is hard to infer the pictures and understand all of the sentences. I would rate this book a nine out of ten. I would rate it a nine out of ten because I really enjoyed the book and I think that you would too.


No comments:

Post a Comment