Books that 5V Students Have Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Savvy (Reviewed by Anisha)

Savvy

by: Ingrid Law

“When my brother, Fish turned thirteen, we moved to the deepest part of inland because of the hurricane and, of course, the fact he’d caused it.”

-Mibs

Savvy by Ingrid Law is a wonderful fantasy story because there is no such thing as magic and no one can read minds. Mibs Beaumont is about to become a teenager but when a Beaumont turns thirteen, a savvy strikes. A savvy is an inheritance that is in the Beaumont’s blood. Her dad is in the hospital and she wants a savvy that’ll save him and she also wants to see him. Mibs wasn’t allowed to go with her mom and brother to see her Dad. So she and her friends sneak on the bus but the bus starts heading the wrong direction. Will she be able to save her Dad? Read the book to find out.

Savvy has many strengths and weaknesses. One strength is that the author gave lots of details. The author gave lots of details of Carlene’s trailer. For example, I saw a clear image in my head. The author gave lots of details of the pink bus. For example, I could see it. A weakness is that the beginning was boring. I thought there would be more action to the beginning. For example, I wanted the author to write about what Mibs savvy was, in the beginning not in the end. I hoped there would be something else in the beginning. For example, I wanted it to be about how her dad was doing in the hospital. I believe that the author should’ve written something exciting in the beginning.

This book is five out of five stars. I highly recommend this book to 4th and 5th graders because they would understand the book better and the vocabulary. You’ll be amazed how Mibs and her friends get rid of their problems. You’ll totally love this book because I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment