Books that 5V Students Have Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Tale of Beedle the Bard (Reviewed by Erin)

Book Review

The Tale Of Beedle The Bard

By J.K. Rowling

Introduction:

You will never ever for get these tales, these magical tales…

Genre and Summary:

This book is fantasy. For example there are wizards and magic. These stories have many tales like “The Wizard and the Hopping Pot, “The Fountain of Fair Fortune, The Warlocks Hairy Heart, Babbity Rabbity and Her Cackling Stump,” and my personal favorite, “The Tale of the Three Brothers.” Since I can’t give a summary on all of them I will just do it on my favorite. The Tale of the There Brothers is about three brothers walking at twilight time and Death runs into them. Death says, “I will give you one thing.” The oldest brother asks for a wand so powerful that it could defeat anyone. The second brother asks for a rock that could bring back the dead. Death gives the wand and rock to them. The third brother was the smartest and new that Death would follow him if he were visible. So he chose an in invisibility cloke. Death gives that to him and walked away. They traveled until the first brother found a place to stay. Only the first brother did that. When he fell asleep that night, Death-WAIT! I’m not supposed to tell you that part. Never mind!

Strengths and Weaknesses:

In this book you wouldn’t find a lot of weaknesses besides the fact that the start out slow. At the beginning of the story they just talk about who knows what! For example in the story, “The Fountain of Fair Fortune,” they have the first few paragraphs just saying where they are. It’s annoying! Also the next paragraph just describes. BORING!!! Here is my strength. The stories are funny. They have weird names like Babbity Rabbity and her Cackling Stump and, The Warlocks Hairy Heart. You can have a hairy heart unless you’re dead or something. I would like to tell you a lot more strengths but I can’t.

Recommendation:

I would recommend this book to anyone who has read Harry Potter because you might not under stand it. I enjoyed this book and I hope you do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment